Thursday, July 3, 2014

What I've Been Wearing: Shoes

Shoes for Days...

It's hard to believe that July is already here and that we only have about two full months of summer left. Some of you have asked for a mini review on the new shoes that I have acquired for this season and now that I have had a chance to give all of these a good trial, I can finally give you my thoughts on them. You may have recognized these babies from a previous post on "Spring Must Haves: The Shoes" and I must say, they have all been worth the purchase!
First up are these fabulously fun slip-ons by Steve Madden. The leopard printed pony hair is striking and every time I wear them I get so many compliments on them. The rubber sole isn't as thick as some other slip-on sneakers that I have browsed, which I like more because you can focus on the pattern and texture of the pony hair. The Ecentric slip-on also comes in a black, pink, and a black/white spotted pony hair so there is colour and pattern for everyone. I found that these took a few days of "wear" to break in and they weren't the most comfortable during that time at all. These run small so buy a half size up if you are planning on getting a pair, I normally wear a 5.5 so a 6 was the perfect fit for me. They are pretty true to size as far as width is concerend and fits as any sneaker would normally. You may be able to tell from the photo that the pony hair upper can crease with use, which is expected and honestly, I like how these look the more I wear them. I love to pair these with black skinny jeans and a white slightly oversized tee under a chambray button up - the perfect outfit for running errands (as I often have to do when I finally have a day off from my 12 hour shifts). 
Still staying in the slip-on family, these incredibly comfortable pups are the Alegra sneaker from Coach and I tend to gravitate towards these the most because of their neutral tone and minimalist shape. These were comfortable from the very first wear and did not need to be broken in at all. They are made of a perforated suede upper that comes in the colours; parchment (pictured above), raw denim (navy), and tiger lily (red). Normally I never go for footwear that is this light in colour because I tend to worry about it getting dirty too quickly, however, I've been wearing these since the end of May and they have held up just fine. The upper suede creases a bit with wear but because it's a perforated suede it is much more flexible than the pony hair upper and the shape bounces back much better. The sole is lightly padded to add comfort but is still quite light for a sneaker. These fit true to size and I ended up getting a 6 only because that was the smallest size at the store. The only annoying thing about these sneakers is that if you were to wear them with dark denim there is a chance of colour transfer so definitely be mindful of that. Luckily, rolled up hems and cut-offs are all the rage so   this may not be a concern too often. I love to pair these with my chambray joggers, a light grey, light gauge knitted sweater, and lots of mixed metal accessories to make a statement. If you are interested in getting a pair I would suggest starting your hunt now because they are currently sold out at Coach online and other major department stores. 
So far these these cognac toned sling back sandals from Aldo are my only high heels that I have purchased this season (thus far) and as predicted, they are perfect for all of my summer pairings. The leather upper is soft and subtle and quite comfortable from the start but because it's not a pebbled leather, it's not as durable so I wouldn't risk wearing them in the rain or when the ground is wet. I really like the wooden heel on this sandal because it is just the right height and width to make it comfortable enough to wear for most of the day on your feet. However, I would have liked there to be a bit of a hidden platform under the ball of your foot to add to the comfort level even more. These also come in a black leather upper and if you are from the States, these are currently on sale on the US Aldo site and Zappos. Unfortunately for us Canadians, these are still listed at full price ($100.00) on the Canadian Aldo site. I love wearing these with my summer rompers and skirts because they help me elongate my frame a bit but they also go great with a pair of cuffed up boyfriend jeans and a loose fitting sleeveless silk tank top. 

I Hope you have enjoyed my ramblings on my current favourite footwear and that I have helped you decide if any of these were right for you. I know I always enjoy reading/watching reviews of items that I am thinking about purchasing so I hope this review answered some of your questions.

As always, follow me on Instagram at hali_chic to see my pairings and if you like more reviews on products or have any questions for me, shoot me an e-mail.

xo
Thanh

No comments:

Post a Comment