Thursday, December 4, 2014

Leopard Coat + Denim on Denim






Scarf: Old | Coat: BB Dakota Hazel Coat | Shirt: H&M Jewelled Chambray Shirt
Jeans: Old but similar - Target Boyfriend Jeans | Shoes: Joe Fresh (Old)
Photo Credit: Monica Phung

This coat was on high rotation this season for me and I received so many compliments each time I wore it. It was actually a great bargain find for me at a local shop here in Halifax called Twisted Muse last year; sadly the shop is no longer there but their sister store Sweetpea Boutique still carries bb dakota (and other brands) of adorable coats. It was originally a size medium and was much to large for me, but I could not pass on such a great find, so I called upon my mother (the seamstress) and had her re-size the jacket to the perfect fit. I've dressed it up and down and each time it adds such a tailored and effortless touch to any outfit. I love that the leopard pattern is on a non-traditional grey background and it gives it a bit of edge. I've paired this jacket above with my favourite target boyfriend jeans (I can't seem to take them off!) and the softest chambray button up top from H&M. This shirt is a fantastic fit! Sitting slightly lower in the back, making it great for layering over a tee-shirt and paired with leggings and over-the-knee boots. The scattered jewels on the front really allow you to dress it up or down and let's face it, who doesn't love some glam on the traditional chambray? 

Longchamp is one of my favourite handbag/luggage brands and I have collected a few different pieces over the years. Their quality is amazing and I am currently still using my first large le pillage tote as a work bag and it is going on 6 years old. This bag is my first leather piece from them and I must say, I'm hooked! The leather is so soft and buttery and for being the smaller sized version, it can hold a ton of stuff. I love the option of a shoulder/cross body strap and it was often a wish I had for my work tote - wishes have been answered! I purchased mine at Foreign Affair on Spring Garden and I can't wait to see what other Longchamp goodies they get in.

As you can probably tell, I love having pieces in my closet that can be mixed and matched, dressed up or down, and that has a lot of texture - plush jacket, crisp denim, soft leather, pattern, sparkle... I love it all! What's your most versatile piece in your closet and why do you love it? I would love to know!

As always, follow me on Instagram and Twitter at "hali_chic" for daily musings... until next time! :-)

xo Thanh

P.S. A little elf has been whispering of a huge holiday giveaway so stay tuned for details in the coming days! Tis the season for gifting and I wanted to share the love with you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment