Friday, December 26, 2014

NYE Outfit Pairings Featuring H&M and Forever 21

I was thrilled to have been asked by the Mic Mac Mall team to pull a few outfit pairings for New Years Eve and of course my shopaholic heart was fluttering with excitement. I immediately thought of two stores that are unique to Mic Mac Mall and most importantly two stores that offer a variety pieces to appease everyone's personal style. As of late I have been really into a soft/neutral palette with my accessories being my hit of sparkle and glam. I've chosen two outfit pairings (going out and staying in) from each store that include pieces which you could restyle all year long (a major factor I consider when purchasing an item).  

H&M - Going Out

I have had a slight obsession with these structured midi length skirts lately and this one from H&M is to die for. I love the structured flare, the high waisted fit, the textured print, and of course the hidden side pockets. This style of skirt brings back the lady-like elegance and grace of the 1940s but with a modern twist. I have paired this beautiful H&M mesh sweater (fits large, I went a size down for this look) with this skirt because I love the blush hue and soft textured design. This sweater (oversized) would look amazing with leather-like pants and a pair of scrappy black high heel sandals. Pulling the above look together are these amazing gold metallic leather pumps from Nine West. You can never go wrong with metallic or a classic pointed toe pump.

H&M - House Party

 
This outfit is perfect for that low key house party with friends when you aren't sure how dressed up you need to be but comfort is at the top of your list. This beaded sweatshirt from H&M combines comfort and glam effortlessly and when paired with these textured joggers you have yourself the ideal comfort driven outfit. A classic pair of metallic pumps and a statement necklace keeps you on point style wise without sacrificing a ounce of comfort.

Forever 21 - Going Out

How gorgeous are these shoes from Nine West? I saw them and knew instantly I had to include them in this post. Every gal needs a pair of shoes to make she feel sexy and feminine and ladies, let me tell you that these are the ones to do it! I held these babies up and instantly had flashes of outfit pairings - ripped boyfriend jeans, skinny black denims, little black dresses, structured midi skirts,  loose fitting joggers, tulle skirts, and so on and so on. For this post I have paired them with with a great find from Forever 21, this may look like coordinating separates at first glance, but is actually a slightly strutted dress. This is one of those dressed that you could dress up with sexy shoes and accessories for a night out or paired with hosiery and pumps for a corporate function.

Forever 21 - Staying In

This maxi sweater dress from Forever 21 is a dream to wear and actually caught my eye because it reminds me of the traditional Vietnamese dresses that I've had in the past. The high waisted slit creates a flattering fit and when paired with these Forever 21 faux leather leggings it creates an edgy relaxed look that you can rock all day long. I chose these wedged leather booties from Nine West to pair with this outfit to elongate my frame and are so comfortable that I didn't even want to take them off after shooting.

I hope this post has given you some inspiration for your NYE outfits and I wanted to throw a big THANKS out to the Mic Mac Mall team, Nine West, H&M, and Forever 21 for letting me pull these great pieces!

Thanks for reading and I hope everyone had a great Holiday thus far and of course Happy Boxing Day Shopping!

Instagram and Twitter : hali_chic

xo Thanh

No comments:

Post a Comment